Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Play System

We used to call them swing sets or jungle gyms. Now they are called Play Systems. And they don't come cheap. We had been talking for a little while about getting play equipment for the girls and all that we wanted with it. It was fun shopping and getting to see all the stuff that is available. We settled on a Cottage style from Rainbow. This thing is really cool and it makes me wish that I was a kid again. We probably got one much bigger than we needed , but we figured each girl would probably have at least one friend on it and we wanted there to be room for everyone. So, it has 4 swings (2 regular and 2 toddler), a rope swing, a trapeze, a rock climbing wall, a slide, monkey bars, a picnic table and something they call a general store. This thing rocks! I've put the sand box back there with it, so hopefully my back porch won't constantly be covered with sand. The girls love it. Rena is enjoying the picnic table the best, Riley likes the swings and dare-devil Rachel likes the slide and the monkey bars. Well, not actually the monkey bars. She likes to grab the board in front of the monkey bars and swing out over the ladder. I'm sure sudden rushes of adrenaline are good for my heart! The worst part about all of this right now is that our backyard is nothing but red clay. That will be changing this weekend. I've convinced Blair to order lots of mulch. I'm creating a flower bed too, and when that's all done, I'm going to have part of the back yard sodded. This has been no cheap project and wasn't one we really budgeted for. Oh well, the girls love it and if they're happy, we're happy!

No comments: