Monday, April 14, 2008

Chaos in the playroom

Our formal living room was our play room. But it ALWAYS looked like this.
Not very inviting. And I really like this room and the light it gets. It's also on the front of the house. I like being able to see out front. Our family room is on the back of the house and we back up to woods, so it's very isolating. So, I've decided to do away with the chaos. How? Well, first I rounded up all the toys and their respective parts. This took 2 solid days. I put them all in ziploc bags and put the bags in plastic tubs. I've left the girls with about 3 toys...they still can't manage to clean them up. Now, I've got to decide what to do with my 'new' living room. I get to pick everything out. I'm so excited. But I have one, really big problem. No money. There is nothing in the budget for this room. So, it'll probably take awhile for me to actually furnish this room, but that's ok. I want all NEW stuff. Not the hand me down stuff that decorates the rest of my house. I know the feel I want in there, so, I'm looking forward to building this room. I'll keep you posted!
PS. That's a tantrum throwing Riley in the bottom corner. I don't remember what she was mad about!

No comments: