Saturday, September 27, 2008
35 Odd Things About Me
1. Do you like blue cheese salad dressing? Not really
2. Do you own a gun? Yes
3. What's your favorite drink at Starbucks? grande latte
4. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee coffee coffee
5. Do you do pushups? not if I can avoid it. That must be my weakest muscle.
6. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? a heart necklace that Rena drew and my mother in law had it made into a necklace.
7. Favorite hobby? tennis
8. Do you have A.D.D? probably
9. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? procrastination
10. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I should get the laundry going...is Rena really asleep?...the computer is a horrible thing for procrastinators.
11. Name 4 drinks you regularly drink. coffee, water, wine, coke
12. Current worry right now? that Ill never get my 'office' organized
13. Current hate right now? politics
14. Favorite place to be? the beach any beach
15. Do you like to travel? not really but I like the final destination usually
16. What color shirt are you wearing? red
17. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? no. too cold. give me flannel
18. Can you whistle? of course. I can even use my fingers to whistle
19. Favorite color? blue...no, green...no, blue. Actually I LOVE blue and green together.
20. If you could would you be a pirate? I am a pirate. ;)
21. What song do you sing in the shower? I'm usually too busy shouting orders to sing (don't hit your sister, leave the dog alone, turn that down....)
22. Favorite girl's name? Lauren. But I didn't name any of my girls that.
23. Favorite boy's name? Scott
24. What's in your pocket right now? Don't have pockets. But usually it's a receipt from somewhere or a hair clip
25. Favorite bedsheets as a child? Didn't have any
26. Worst injury? Hmmm. I have lots of them. The worst was probably when I dislocated my knee because it's been a constant source of problems ever since.
27. Do you love where you live? NO
28. How many TVs do you have in your house? 3
29. Who is your loudest friend? If I can't think of anyone, it might be me, right?
30. How many pets do you have? 2 and counting
31. Does someone have a crush on you? I doubt it. Unless you count Riley.
32. What is your Favorite Book? To Kill a Mockingbird
33. What's your favorite candy? mini reese's cups
34. Favorite Sports Team? ECU pirates
35. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Damn dog!
If this looked like fun (and it was) do one on your own blog and let me know. Or email me with your answers. I really do love these things.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
And I'm going to get one. I think I’m going to nominate my husband for sainthood. ‘Why?’ you ask? Because he’s agreed to take all 3 girls to the beach to see his mother for her birthday. I get to stay home all by myself for 5 whole days. I can’t wait!!! And I miss them already and they haven’t even left. It will only be the second time in their short little lives that I've been away from them. Months ago I got to fly to Boston for the weekend. That was great too but this is going to be even better. I'll actually get to accomplish something here at the house. There's so much to do I don't even know where to start!
This guy doesn't even look real, but he is.
What are YOU looking at?
The feathers on this thing had a really cool pattern to them.
One of the ostriches was acting kinda funny. We were all noticing it. Too bad none of us spoke ostrich or we would have know that we'd overstayed our welcome and they needed a little privacy!
Yep, they're doing what you think they're doing.
After a lovely weekend spent together as a family, we were rewarded with this beautiful sunset last night. Stunning.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
So the birthday party went off without a hitch. The bouncy was supposed to be delivered Saturday morning but they called Friday and asked if they could set it up early. Absolutely! I was a little worried that the ‘surprise’ of it might be ruined, but no! They were really excited.
The day of the party we were all ready. Our guest showed up, including a few kids that weren’t invited! Just because they weren’t invited didn’t mean I wasn’t prepared for them. I imagined that I’d have few party crashers. This is the first time I haven’t invited all the neighborhood kids. It was just supposed to be for the little kids but that’s ok. They are all friend. To give you an idea of the make-up of the kids from my house down to the cul-de-sac and back around we have 2-1 year olds, a 2 year old 3-3 year olds, 3-5 year olds a 6 year old, a 7 year old a 9 year old and an 11 year old. That’s a lot of little kids!
So the kids bounced and bounced some more. They left and then came back later to bounce.
We bounced as a family…and that was actually my favorite part. I had tried to take a nap after the first round of party, but it just wasn’t happening. So I went outside where the girls were still at it and Blair had joined them. We weren’t in there for a really long time but it was a lot of fun and the girls were loving it.
Riley and Rachel enjoyed helping make the cupcakes for their party.
And here's the finished product. Cinderella in her carriage. I thought these were the cutest thing! And they were so easy to make. Really, they were.
I'm convinced that this child REALLY was a princess in a past life. Ever since she was little we have said that. When she got old enough to move around she would always find a 'throne' to sit on. And if you've seen lots of pictures of her on here, you are familiar with the ever-present princess dress. (not currently pictured although she does have on a crown.)
I think Ray is casting a spell with her wand.
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
By the way, I don't know why the pictures look fuzzy. Click on the picture to make it bigger and clearer.