Monday, January 05, 2009

9:01, January 5, 2009

Oh, yeah, mark that date on the calendar. All 3 girls went to sleep in their own bed without crying or fighting it. Now, I know it might just be a fluke, but that's ok. I'll take it! I decided that Jan 1 was going to be the day. The day I moved the girls out of my bed and into theirs. I have to admit I have mixed emotions about it. I really love cuddling with my girls, but I'm not really happy about being run out of my bed time and time again. So, into their own beds they went. Rena has been great about it. She was definitely ready. And she's done the best. Rachel is all about sleep, so it hasn't been a great stretch for her. She goes and puts herself down for naps as it it. Riley's had a much more difficult time. She is VERY attached to me. But tonight, she went to sleep in her bed without a fight. And she was even still awake when I left the room! I don't know what I did to deserve this, but it's great!

2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Yay for you! My firstborn and thirdborn were co-sleepers. I loved it until they got big enough to take up serious space in our bed. Now everyone sleeps in their own beds (good thing too since they're 11, 10 and 6) but there are times I miss the snuggling. When they're sick, I make 'em get in bed with us to sleep.

So...how has it been since January 5?

rachel... said...

Yay!!! I have never been one to co-sleep and have always prided myself and my kids on the fact that I can tuck them in and walk away. ... Til the baby came. She's been co-sleeping for months and I didn't mind at first, in fact, I do enjoy the cuddling. But she's been waking every few hours to nurse and the broken sleep is starting to wear on me. Something's got to give.