Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter happenings

Busy, busy, busy. We have been busy. Hubby's birthday was the middle of March. He happened to be home, so I made lasagna (his favorite) and yellow cake with chocolate icing.



He was surrounded by his girls on his 'big' day. Nothing says love like cake.



Next up was picture day at school. Luckily all 3 girls didn't have pictures on the same day. I know some of you think that would be easier, but it's alot of work getting 3 little ones picture-ready. I was excited when our preschool director asked me to help on the second day, because that means I get my pictures for 1/2 price. Sweet deal!!! I still haven't ordered the fall pics. Come on tax refund! I got a few shots myself on the twins picture day.

How cute are they? Riley doesn't think she looks 'pwetty' because she's not wearing a dress. Diva. I told her she was going to have to get over it for that day. She managed surprisingly well.



Next up, we dyed Easter eggs. So what if it was a week early, it just cut down on badgering time. The girls had fun and then we mixed color...so we got a little art/science lesson in there too.



Since the weather's been so wacky here lately, it's hard to decide what to wear. Rachel made sure she covered all the bases.



We've had tornado watches, warning, high wind advisories and even a little snow. Here in the south, when it snows, you have to take advantage of it. This snow storm was short-lived, but cool nonetheless. I realize in this picture it just looks like it's foggy down in the woods across the street, but I promise you it was snow. Why else would the girls be out in their gowns with such happy smiles on their faces?



The nice weather, when it shows itself, makes it nice to sit outside while the girls play. Daddy joined us and I'm not really sure why now, but he and Riley got into an argument about money. He told her she needed money for something and she told him HE had her money. No I don't. Yes you do. No I don't. Yes you do. Well, you get the idea. This little girl is going to be a tough one.



In the meantime, I got a little snuggle time with Rachel, who's going through a phase of being on her best behavior. I'm sure it's just a phase.

Rena took this picture, by the way. Not bad. I almost didn't post it because, my God, do I really look that bad? The sad truth is 'yes'. But hey, it's the truth, so there it is.



Of course the big event for this month was Easter. And the bunny didn't disappoint. The girls were oddly calm Easter morning. I'm still not really sure why. Rena spend a lot of time divvying up the loose eggs. I think they were excited, though. After breakfast, we headed off to the church where we go to preschool. After a very nice service there was an Easter egg hunt and then we headed off for lunch. It was a really nice family day. After lunch, we drove around and looked at houses. We have no intentions of moving, but it's nice to see what else is out there. We used to do that alot.





















Last but not least ( for this post anyway) is ballet. Our ballet studio has visitors day where all the parents get to come see what the girls have been doing all year. They run through the recital and then they get their recital costumes and get to go through it again. Rena and Riley are not in the same class, so I get to sit there for an hour and a half... with Rachel. At least they are both in the same recital. yeah!



Riley went first. Even though she looks a little nervous in this picture, she did great. She really pays attention and you can tell she LOVES it

.

Here she is in her costume...striking a not-so-polished pose.



The 'ballet school dropout' watched from the sidelines. I think she missed it a little.



Next up was Rena. An old pro at it this year.













Rena in costume....a little 'brothel' for my taste, but I'm sure she'll look great on stages.


A post-rehersal moment with the sisters. How sweet are they?

Last but not least, a moment between sisters. Love it.




















4 comments:

rachel... said...

What awesome photos!

I especially love the one of Daddy and Riley arguing! And what are you talking about? You look great!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Love the photos!

I also love that red table they're dyeing eggs on. And the green stipes on their walls...OMG...I LOVE that.

I'm the coordinator at my girls' school on school picture days and the boon is that I get my kids' pics FREE. They're usually crappy pics, but I'd buy 'em anyway and they're pricey. So...I gladly keep saying yes to that volunteer job when they ask.

Snow on Easter? I can't imagine.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Unknown said...

Your girls are gorgeous!

Cynthia said...

Great photos...lovely family:)

Hey, what did you mean "you couldn't see the sides of my comments" I can't figure out what you are talking about?