Thursday, December 07, 2006

uncomfortable silence

My house is quiet. Very unusual. Rachel has been asleep for 4 hours, Riley is on hour 2 and Rena is at 'the guyses' house. That, in itself, makes me uncomfortable. Not because I don't trust them. It's just that she's out of my sight. And not only that, I didn't actually see her go in the house. Ok, I saw her walk down the driveway to the front door, but then I got distracted. Ok, I'm sure she's there. And part of me is feeling guilt for enjoying this brief moment of restrained freedom. I managed to put all three car seats back in my car, spray the stroller with Frebreeze and put it in and sweep out part of the garage. Now what. The to-do list is overwhelming and I certainly don't have time to start anything new but this blog. Alas, not even that. The doorbell is ringing. It's Rena. Without shoes or her coat. Now the dog is barking, which has woken Riley up. I can't believe Rachel is still asleep. I send Rena back to the guyses house to fetch those things and try to determine if she's come back on her own (highly unlikely) or if they've sent her back. She finally returns with her possesions, hungry and sleepy. Rachel is up now. So much for the quiet.

No comments: