Sunday, June 03, 2007

Joys of the Frog



I spent part of yesterday morning planting the rest of my very small garden and some left over flowers. It was cooler than it had been in days and I wanted to get as much planted as possible. I have a little plant problem. I want them all, but I don’t have time to plant many! I’ve tried to be very good and not buy a lot at one time. I still have 4 grapevines (2 from last year, 2 from this year) to plant, 2 rhododendrons, 3 hostas, some vine, and a hydrangea. Oh, I also have about 150 various bulbs. I’ve killed off 3 guara plants that, evidently, needed to be watered at least 3 times a day! I’ve started digging holes, but haven’t managed to complete the job. There are areas where the ground is as hard as cement. Seriously.

Anyway, while I was planting my garden, I stumbled upon a little frog. I called Rena over to investigate, and then Rachel and Riley made it past the evil sprinklers to check him out too. While they were all interest, it was in varying degrees. Riley, still traumatized by the sprinklers, was more interested in her milk and sympathy. Rena really liked him and was the only one to actually attempt to touch (pet) him. But the wonder on Rachel’s face says it all. She was mesmerized. I love it. That’s what makes motherhood so great. Seeing that wonder on a small child's face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hung out while the kids swam at some friends' house this evening. There were BATS flying around, which seemed to be completely FREAKING OUT no one but me, but the kids got all nuts over a frog that jumped in the pool. I can't believe they weren't concerned about the bats swooping over our heads (and diving in the pool - thirsty?).

Marti said...

I think these pictures are so cute! I love them! You are right! The wonder on Rachel's face is amazing!