Sunday, June 03, 2007

The View of the Frog

Ok, there I was, minding my own business, hanging out under a sage plant, when all of a sudden, I was lifted high into the air and then plopped down to the ground again. I attempted an escape, but the store-bought soil made a poor camouflage for this old frog. I used my second best life saving technique…absolute stillness. This seemed to work for awhile, at least on the old lady, but then children showed up. I’d heard about these creatures from my elders. These children seemed to be kinder than most. Only one of them tried to touch me. No one actually attempted a capture, thank goodness! After what seemed like a really long time, they all left and I made an escape onto a watermelon leaf. They’ll never find me here! What’s that? Rain! Thanks goodness, it’s been so long. Wait, it’s gone. Wait it’s back. It’s gone, now back, hey…!

No comments: