Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Visit

My Dad and 2 of my Aunts came to visit. Yeah! I was so excited that they were coming. It's the first time my Aunts had come and it's been awhile since my Dad has visited. Now, in true, old-people fashion, they didn't stay very long, despite my pleas to stay 'just one more day'. They got here at about 4:00 on Thursday and left at noon on Saturday. What's that? 44 hours? It took them 8 and 1/2 hours to get home.

Anyway, they helped out alot, even though they didn't think they did. Unfortunately, I got sick while they were here and felt like crap on friday. The girls had fun with them. It was busy, busy, busy. And loud! My goodness. I think part of the chaos feeling for those 44 hours was that everyone was on different schedules. That's also alot of people under one roof! Plus this house carries sound funny and it's hard to hear. All the sounds get jumbled together.

The only thing we did was eat! My Aunt Jewrell brought a wonderful coconut cake. There wasn't much left by the time they left. My Aunt Devilla enjoyed playing with her Grandnieces and my Dad slept. I think his sisters wore him out!

Even though it was a short visit, it at least gave me something to look forward to. I still don't quite consider this place home, so it was nice to have a bright spot, no matter how brief.

No comments: