Friday, May 01, 2015

Moving Month

Well, it is finally here...moving month.  We actually have less than a month left in this place we have called home for almost 10 years.  The only home my children have known.  And loved.  Rena, my oldest, is, interestingly, the one who is most looking forward to the move.  Riley, not so much.  And with Rachel, it's just kind of hard to say.  I am looking forward to this all being over.  It's been almost a year since I found out we were going to have to move.  I don't regret staying here this last year, but, seriously, I'm over it.  I've packed, sorted, thrown away, organized, sold and given away and yet, if you walked in my house, you probably wouldn't be able to tell!  Where does all of this stuff come from.  I'm tired of having strangers in my house. I'm tired of worrying about if it's 'show-ready'.  I'm tired of talking about moving, looking at houses, thinking about what needs be done when...all of it.  As sad as I am about leaving our little school, my friends, the girls' friends and my comfort zone, I'm done.  Because of pets, the logistics of the move are going to be a pain in the ass.  My cats are totally going to be freaked out.  The dog will probably love it.  And there is so much work left to do.  But I just have to figure what I don't get to here will be coming to Maryland with me.  :P 

So, the countdown begins.  I'm not exactly stressed.  But I think I'd better sharpen my pencil for the to-do list.

No comments: