Friday, April 17, 2015

Oh what a difference a week (or 2) makes.  At the risk of jinxing myself, let me just say things are falling into place.  I will say, so far, the largest stress of this whole thing has been getting ready to get the pictures taken so the realtor could put the house on the market.  I literally have not been that stressed since I don't know when.  I mean, truly, mentally, physically, emotionally stressed.  It was awful.  It was bad enough that I cancelled our Spring Break plans.  And to be perfectly honest, I'm so glad I did.  My hubby came home and we just hung out here at the house.  No pressure.  Exactly what I needed.  And the girls got to sleep in, hang out with friends and even spend the night out.  Poor Blair was bored.
So, the showings began, but that wasn't as stressful as I thought.  Most of the work had already been done. 

I love how my house looks from the outside.  It has not been my favorite on the inside, although it is a pretty house...it's just not 'me'.  However, this truly has been a wonderful place to raise my children.  And I am so fortunate that we have had the wonderful neighbors that we have had.  I truly get choked up when I think about leaving them.  So, I don't spend much time thinking about that. 

I am excited about where we are moving.  We had narrowed it down to 2 different counties, Anne Arundel and Howard.  I had been leaning toward Howard but I didn't want to rule anything out.  I don't know what it is, but I truly feel like this is the place we belong.  I hope I'm right.  Blair found us a rental house in a neighborhood in Ellicott City that I have been eying for the last several months.  It's much smaller....a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath, but I think it's going to be the perfect transition house for us.  I was/am not thrilled about having to rent, but I'll admit, it has taken a great deal of pressure off of me.  And this place is so close to everything!  The possibilities are endless and I can't wait to get up there and begin exploring.

So, things are beginning to fall into place.  We have an offer on our house.  We have a place rented.  The intense stress is gone.  And now, it's just a matter of fulfilling our obligations here, saying goodbye to our friends and this very important chapter in our lives, and setting out for our next adventure.

Wish us luck!

No comments: