Saturday, May 26, 2007

All in a Days Work

The painters came yesterday do redo the work that should have been done right the first time. It wasn't their fault. Crappy builder. Anyway, Blair got home and was going to take the girls outside. Rena went out first and Blair hit the open button for the garage door. Now, don't ask me why, but Rena decided to hold onto the handle of the garage door. You know, the one that's there in case you lose power and have to open it manually. (That's not really a problem for me, I'm a southerner and we don't really use the garage to park in! )Blair stepped back inside for something and the next thing we know, Rena is screaming. She didn't let go of the handle and it lifted her into the air. Then she was afraid to let go because she didn't want to fall. Luckily, the outside painter came to her rescue! Bad parents that we are, we didn't even register that she was in trouble. She was scared, but otherwise fine. Later, I'll see if she'll recreate the scene for me so I can get a picture. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sabra completely destroyed the garage door at our old house by manually locking it. The next time we hit the garage door opener, it was not a pretty picture...

skye said...

I had to chuckle when you said Southerners don't use their garages to park in.
True.
But my husband is a Yankee transplant, and he refuses to do anything but park in it. ;) We are the ONLY people in our neighborhood taht park in the garage.