Tuesday, May 29, 2007

If you are looking for a happy, feel good post, this is not it. Move on. Come back later. Right now, I have to vent.

I hate this place. I really do. I've tried. I've made the best of it. I've gotten involved, met neighbors and made friends. But I hate it here. No offense to Georgia. It's a beautiful state, really. I've met alot of really nice people. But I just don't think this is the place for me. This past week, I've received 3 letters from 'my' homeowner's association that I am not in compliance...my flower beds need mulch, my weeds need to be treated and my children's toys need to be out of view when not in use. I'm not kidding. I'm not even exaggerating. Then I got a warning letter from the county that I illegally watered my lawn. With that I was threatened with a $1000.00 fine and/or 60 days in jail. "Hey, what are you in for?" "My sod was looking a little parched." The icing on the cake was a nasty email from one of my neighbors accusing me of talking about her behind her back. Seriously, I'm almost 42 and if I've got something to say, I'll probably say it to your face. It did hurt my feelings though. So silly. On top of all of that, I've been dealing with the 'builder warrenty guy'. I realize he has a boss to answer to, but is it really that hard to do it right the first time? How about the second? He 'fixed' my front door on Friday and now it doesn't shut at all. The painters came, and despite my telling him that I wanted all of the trim scraped and repainted, they only painted where it was peeling. They'll have to come back. It seems no one is actually responsible for anything, but everyone wants to hold you responsible. And God forbid you actually get a straight, much less honest, answer from anyone.

Really, I'm ready to go home. Back to where I know where I am and where things are. Back to friends and family and comfort.

There, I feel a little better. But only a little. I'm still in Georgia.

2 comments:

skye said...

it does feel better to get it all out, eh?
we no longer live in a 'hood with a handbook, rules & all that jazz. it was so tiring. and really silly. who really cares if there are toys in the yard? i mean, really?

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better letting it out. And you wouldn't want to be the only one of us without a letter, would you? I'm just waiting to get caught for watering the tomatoes I planted yesterday. I took out my watering can this morning instead of the hose, although I don't recommend that for sod. :-)

Pack up and spend a day at Amicalola Falls. We went for Memorial Day and had the best time.

Maybe we could go out for supper some night without the kids (woo hoo!), although I think you go to bed about 5 hours before I do - HA!