Thursday, August 28, 2008

The cleaning frenzy continues.

It only makes since that since I’m about 6 months behind on everything I do, I’d be spring cleaning now. And boy have I been cleaning. I actually vacuumed my bedroom and hall this morning. It sounds easy, but if you knew how much crap had to be picked up before the vacuuming could occur you’d be amazed. The girls scattered like feral cats as the vacuum closed in on them. I think they think I could suck them up. Some days I would if I could. Perhaps if I could contain them in that little vacuum bag the rest of the house cleaning could be done much faster.

Nixie is making the whole culling of the toys a little easier. A few weeks ago she eviscerated Shrek and yesterday while I was trying to get a few quiet moments to read the latest David Sedaris book, Spongebob met his maker. Both times it looked as if it had snowed in my living room and entry.

This morning the girls are playing doctor. So far I haven’t had to explain anything. It’s so nice to watch them play together. I’m sure we’ll be spending lots of time outside today. We’ve been ‘rained’ in for days now. Trust me, that’s not a complaint. Bring on the rain…just not on the 6th. That’s the girls’ outdoor birthday party. Strange that when you’re in a serious drought you don’t have to give any thought to things like that…or muddy dogs.

Back to cleaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the girls. I hav not figured how to comment other than anomyously. love, dad