Saturday, August 09, 2008

Mystery Solved

And so quickly! I found the dress. Yea! Kind of. If you could see this thing, you'd wonder why I don't just throw it away. Riley was very happy to see it and wore it to dinner last night. Funny little fart. She was STILL blaming Nixie. I wonder just how it got lost in the first place. I'm not naming any names, now, but maybe, just maybe, it was a male who lives in our house...no, not Max. Oh, you want to know where I found it? Short answer....in a box.


Here's the long answer. A few days ago...ok, really it was months...I packed up ALL of the girls toys and put them in those clear storage boxes. Then I left them in the dining room to marinate. There were over 8 boxes worth of toys and things. Ridiculous. I would have sold them all right then...if I was having a yard sale...but I wasn't. So there they sat. The problem is there are some really good toys packed up. Most of them are age appropriate, so I don't want to get rid of them. So then I had my carpet cleaned and I moved the boxes to the entryway. Perfectly acceptable place. No one comes to visit us anyway. Anywhoo, that kind of 'organization' was bothering Blair, so he moved them all into the formal living room a.k.a. former playroom. Well, they haven't been bothering anyone in there because we never use that room. But one day, that room will be mine.


So, Thursday I drug a rocking chair down from my bedroom so I could sit in there all by myself. And I did. And I noticed in the bottom of one of the boxes on the bottom was the pwincess dwess. I was so excited!


Unfortunately, that's not all I noticed. We were having a thunderstorm with lots of rain and as I sat in the never-used-room in the rare quiet moment, I realized it sounded like it was raining inside. And so it was.


I would love to say that I was shocked the window was leaking. Surprised even. But I'm not. We must have gotten the crappiest house builder in all of Georgie. His name is Alex Tetterton and he's with Northridge Homes, just in case you are wondering. My problems with this builder and this house,would more than fill up a book, so I won't go into it. But suffice it to say I REALLY think I could have done a better job myself.
Anyway, all's well that ends well and my girl is happy to have her dress back!

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

If you don't mind me asking, when did Alex build your house and what community do you live in? We're looking at one of his neighborhoods.
Thanks.
Meaghan

PS. I have an email alert if you respond...so, I'll see it! :)

leigh said...

Hi Meaghan,

Shoot me a email at lawpirate@hotmail.com and I'll answer your questions...plus I'd love to know how you found that blog post and put 2 and 2 together! (btw, it was fun for me to reread that...that tattered old dress is safely put away!)