Saturday, March 15, 2008


I give my children lots of creative freedom. I used to teach elementary school and I believed in giving them creative freedom too. I though I would share what happens when creative freedom goes awry. Let me give you the rundown, since the picture may not tell the whole story.

Daughter #1 is sporting a winter snowflake shirt with ruffled hem paired with hand-me-down fruit skort. Rounding out the ensemble are the hello kitty sandles from last summer that are 1 size too small and fully coated in Georgia red clay. This outfit is finished off with a lovely pink knit cap(matching sweater not shown).

Daughter #2 is STILL in the princess dress that was daughter #1's Halloween costume 2 1/2 years ago. No matter. It looks fetching on her and has for the last 14 days. Daughter #2 chose to accessorize her look with the ladybug rainboots and Little Me rain jacket fitting for the occasion. Missing from the 'accessory queen' are the sunglass, necklaces and overdone 'lip stuff' she normally wears.

Daughter #3 self dressed in pink striped pants that, until this morning's closet clean out, also belonged to sister #1. This lovely outfit is rounded out with a fleece jacket and mismatched ladybug slippers from Target. This is quite the step up since she is usually only fetching a diaper.
Even though they look like the might be trying to replicate the well known "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" they are really just trying to protect themselves from the tornado bearing wind.
Hope you enjoyed the Saturday night fashion show. Drive safe out there!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Miss Peach went to lunch with me today wearing a Cinderella dress. I think we are on the same page:)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

My 5-year-old daughter is the SAME way. I used to be one of THOSE moms who had to have everything matchy-matchy and finished off with a big hair-bow, but when I let that go, I found lots of freedom! I do draw the line at what Abbey wears to church, but most of the time I think it's just not a battle worth fighting. Kudos to you for letting your girls have some creative wiggle room!