Saturday, September 27, 2008

Recent happenings.

Well the girls had a great time with their Dad at Grandmom and Grandpop's house. They got to go play on the beach sound side
and go to the aquarium. Blair was really good about sending me cellphone pics along the way.
I really missed them but I really enjoyed my freetime. At first I thought I was going to spend the whole time furiously scouring my house until it was spotless. But alas, that didn't happen and I was OK with that. Instead I just spend some quiet, calm time doing a little of this and that. I did clean and do ALOT of laundry. I played alot of tennis and napped some too. I went to the movies with a couple of friends and took myself out for lunch. Once I realized that the house was not going to get scrubbed from top to bottom I made a goal of getting all the toys back together, sorted out, and put out of reach of the children. The don't NEED that many toys at one time and they end up just stringing them all over the house instead of playing with them. My girls would rather be outside playing with their friends than inside playing with puzzles. And because we NEVER have a rainy day, our indoor toys aren't really getting that much real use. So I managed to get that job done. What I really enjoyed most about them being gone was that I got to do things on my time table. I slept when I wanted and ate when I wanted and watch tv when I wanted. Things moved at a much slower calmer pace.



They got home Sunday but I wasn't here! I had to go play a tennis match and I didn't get home until after they did. I was so happy to see them! Even though they had only been gone 4 days they all looked like they had grown to me. And then it was business as usual.



Well the good thing about not having rainy days to play inside is that we have beautiful weather EVERYDAY. Really. The weather is gorgeous right now. Because we've been in a drought for sooooo long it's really changed my thinking about the outdoor activities. Whenever planning an outdoor event, a rain date doesn't even cross my mind. We've also been rewarded with some amazing sunsets.


And beautiful blue skies.



And if you pay close attention to the sky you might see something a little out of the ordinary.


What's that in the sky? Is it a bird? Is it a plane?


No, it's the goodyear blimp. Really.



So this week I've been trying to get ready for a yardsale. I've been cleaning out the twins clothes and some of the toys. What a monumental task this is. It's amazing how many clothes we end up with. And shoes. Good lord. I don't even have that many shoes. And of course I can't get rid of anything until the last person has 'for sure' outgrown it. But now I'm to the point that it has GOT to go! All this clutter is making me a little crazy. So next weekend is the big sale. I'm both dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time. It'll be nice to get a little cash for some of our stuff, but I always feel seriously ripped off. And I LOVE some of these little clothes that I'm selling. It's a good thing I'm not a hoarder or I would keep all of their little clothes. (Stop growing!) It'll be nice to have a little room in the garage again...not that we park in there, but it would be nice to have that option...just in case it rains.

1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Good luck on your yard sale. I hope all your hard work pays off.

Glad you enjoyed your time alone. I never get as much done as I hope, but that's okay, because it sounds like you enjoyed doing some things for yourself, and I think that's the healthiest thing you can do as a mom of three little ones!

Happy weekend!!!
Mer