Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rachel and Riley turn 3!





So the birthday party went off without a hitch. The bouncy was supposed to be delivered Saturday morning but they called Friday and asked if they could set it up early. Absolutely! I was a little worried that the ‘surprise’ of it might be ruined, but no! They were really excited.



The day of the party we were all ready. Our guest showed up, including a few kids that weren’t invited! Just because they weren’t invited didn’t mean I wasn’t prepared for them. I imagined that I’d have few party crashers. This is the first time I haven’t invited all the neighborhood kids. It was just supposed to be for the little kids but that’s ok. They are all friend. To give you an idea of the make-up of the kids from my house down to the cul-de-sac and back around we have 2-1 year olds, a 2 year old 3-3 year olds, 3-5 year olds a 6 year old, a 7 year old a 9 year old and an 11 year old. That’s a lot of little kids!

So the kids bounced and bounced some more. They left and then came back later to bounce.

We bounced as a family…and that was actually my favorite part. I had tried to take a nap after the first round of party, but it just wasn’t happening. So I went outside where the girls were still at it and Blair had joined them. We weren’t in there for a really long time but it was a lot of fun and the girls were loving it.

Riley and Rachel enjoyed helping make the cupcakes for their party.



And here's the finished product. Cinderella in her carriage. I thought these were the cutest thing! And they were so easy to make. Really, they were.



I'm convinced that this child REALLY was a princess in a past life. Ever since she was little we have said that. When she got old enough to move around she would always find a 'throne' to sit on. And if you've seen lots of pictures of her on here, you are familiar with the ever-present princess dress. (not currently pictured although she does have on a crown.)



I think Ray is casting a spell with her wand.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday! How cute are those cupcakes!?!