Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Time for a break!


Just in case you wonder why I might need a break: Exhibit A - 6:29pm


6:30 pm



Mood swings are exhausting. Hers and mine.




On the way home from preschool today we stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner. The ‘bag boy’ is about 70-some years old…seriously…and he was talking to me while the girls were waiting to get balloons. He made some comment about me being their mother….or grandmother. What! Grandmother! Ok I should have been really pissed, but I knew when my pregnancy was deemed ‘geriatric’ I was doomed. How old am I? 43. My children haven’t even started ‘real’ school. My college roommate (also 43) just sent her youngest to college. I think I need to go take a nap! I definitely need a break.

And I'm going to get one. I think I’m going to nominate my husband for sainthood. ‘Why?’ you ask? Because he’s agreed to take all 3 girls to the beach to see his mother for her birthday. I get to stay home all by myself for 5 whole days. I can’t wait!!! And I miss them already and they haven’t even left. It will only be the second time in their short little lives that I've been away from them. Months ago I got to fly to Boston for the weekend. That was great too but this is going to be even better. I'll actually get to accomplish something here at the house. There's so much to do I don't even know where to start!






And now for something completely different.




This weekend we went to a local animal sanctuary. It's actually kind of sad. I'm sure the animal are well taken care of but how happy can a lion be, cage up all the time? I'm not sure where all these animals came from, some were rescues. They seemed to have one of everythings. Let's see they had an emu,a horse,a variety of monkeys,2 wolves, servals, bobcats, peacocks, lions, tigers, maccaws, donkeys, panthers, elk(I think), ostriches, and a boa that they fed while we were there.


This was not a happy cat, poor thing.


This wolf came up and licked Rachel. The wolves are only 5 months old. Beautiful!


This guy doesn't even look real, but he is.



What are YOU looking at?



The feathers on this thing had a really cool pattern to them.




One of the ostriches was acting kinda funny. We were all noticing it. Too bad none of us spoke ostrich or we would have know that we'd overstayed our welcome and they needed a little privacy!

Yep, they're doing what you think they're doing.

After a lovely weekend spent together as a family, we were rewarded with this beautiful sunset last night. Stunning.

2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Girl...I HEAR YA about the moodswings. There is a lot of estrogen in our house too...and some days I just wanna cry. Mornings seem to be the best time for my girls to unleash their emotions. Whew! It wears me out.

Enjoy your days by yourself...what in the world are you going to do? Whatever you do, have fun!!! Wow...right now I'm thinking how great it would be to have the whole bed to myself...and to control the tv remote...and to not have to cook dinner. I'm starting to turn green with envy.

Cynthia said...

I got a little moodswinger here as well:P

Great sunset:)