Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why my life is chaotic

I run nothing, if not a chaotic household! It's no wonder I can't get anything accomplished. This morning as I was trying to get Rena ready for school...well, let me start with this.
Since Rena is the only one that goes to school today, I figured I'd wait 'til the morning to give her a bath since the little girls could take one later. I was really hoping that she'd take a shower...quicker and easier...then Riley wanted to take a shower....then Rachel wanted to take a bath....then Rena decided she'd take a bath instead....then we started to run out of hot water (go figure) so Riley got in the bath too. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep my coffee cup full, pick out clothes for the day, start laundry...etc. Then, I hear laughing and squealing coming from the bathroom. And this is what I find.....

Yep! That's Jake. He had 'retrieved' the stuffed Winnie the Pooh from the tub. What are you gonna do? He is a retriever after all. And on a side note, who needs a tub that big?

The rest of the day has proved to be just as chaotic. While Rena was in school, Riley and Rachel were playing with an aquadoodle in the foyer. You use water to write on it. When it dries out you start again. Well, if you are three, then you start thinking if a little water is good then alot of water would be great! So Riley filled up a tea kettle and poored it all over the entry. Flood! So I made the girls clean it up and then it was time to head to the grocery store. Then to pick up Rena.

On the way home from picking up Rena I decided to stop and pick pecans from this tree that I had noticed earlier. It's right off the highway and kind of behind a warehouse type thing. By the time I got there the twins were asleep so Rena and I picked them up. I got a whole grocery bag full. Let me tell you, if you haven't eaten fresh pecans, you don't know what you're missing. Yummy! We had alot of fun picking them up too. As I was walking back to the car the guy that works there and owns the house next door came out and talked to me. He didn't care that we picked them up and he even showed me their chestnut tree. Have you ever seen one of these things? It looks like a mini porcupine and feels like one too. Youch! We got a few of them just for the novelty of it. Are they even edible? Or do you just roast them on open fires? I'll have to google it.

When I got back to the car with Rena, I discovered that the twins were awake and crying! I felt so bad. I was sure they would sleep the whole time we were gone. (By the way, I could see the car the whole time and if they had looked to their left, the would have seen us too.) But the upside is that they didn't nap for very long so hopefully everyone will go to sleep early tonight.

On the way into the neighborhood, a deer crossed the road infront of us! It was big too and just strolled across the street and back into the woods that back up to my house. Who knows, maybe he's still back there. It was really cool and that's the first one I've seen in the 'hood.

Then I tried to get the girls to go outside and play. But nobody wanted to. Too bad. I guess it's too cold for them. Now everyone is whiny and driving me crazy. I'd feed them dinner and put them to bed now if I didn't think I'd pay for it about 4:00am!

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Cute bathtub pic!

Hey, I spent my entire Thanksgiving last year shelling pecans (okay, not the entire time, but a lot of it). I love them. My in-laws gave me a huge bucket full and I finally used the last bag of them a week or so ago. YUM!

Cynthia said...

Wow...the pecans sound good. Cute picture!

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

that's such a great picture!! i love it!