Monday, November 06, 2006

The Paci Fairy

My first official blog. I have lots of blogs stored in my head, but I'll start with Halloween. The paci fairy paid us a little visit by the light of the moon on Halloween. For those of you not familiar with her, she rounds up all of the pacifiers lying about and takes them to the new babies. This will never work, I thought. We had been preparing our 3 year old since the first failed attempt a few weeks earlier. I was tired of the paci's. Plus, I can't really remember the last time any of them passed through the dishwashing cycle. My 3 year old was rather attached. She needed bunny and paci to sleep. Actually, as she tells it, Bunny needs a paci to sleep. She just happens to keep it in her mouth. But low and behold, the paci fairy came and took all of the paci's and left a scooter...with a convienent place for Bunny to ride.

My husband left town for the next 3 nights and I was left to deal with the fallout. The biggest surprise was that there was none! The big one (that's the 3 year old) not only went to sleep the next night without a paci, she went to sleep in her own bed...something that happens once in a blue moon. Will wonders never cease. Had I know that the transition would have been so smooth, I would have had the paci fairy come much, much sooner.

1 comment:

Blogger profile name said...

Woo hoo! No pacis, and I found you!