Thursday, May 22, 2008

ah, the irony

Back in September, when the girls first started school, I was so excited that I was going to have SOOOO much time to myself and I was going to be able to get SOOOO many things done, like clean the house, organized the closets, clean out the garage, get the twins baby books started (so what if they're 2 1/2!), paint, heck, I might even have time to crosstich again.

Reality. Pretty much nothing got done. If I had anything to do 'in town' it took up most, if not all, of my free time. Then I got addicted to tennis. I managed to work in a private lesson right after preschool drop off, which was perfect! I LOVED it. But, now the girls are out of school and even though my coach is a good sport, I think 3 toddlers interupting our lesson constantly might wear him a little thin. Sometimes, I would come home and just enjoy the quiet and still until it was time to pick them up again.

So, now here we are on summer break and, ironically, I'm excited about not having anywhere to go! No 40 minute round trips to town twice a day. Think of how much I'll be able to get done! And I'm excited about having the girls with me all day. I did manage to get part of the garage cleaned up....again. It's quite the catch-all. Some reorganization and I might just have the problem solved. The list of things to get done is overwhelming. I've planted my garden which requires daily maintanence, the garage isn't quite done, the toys that I confiscated weeks ago and sequestered in the dining room are still waiting for their final resting place, there's a yard sale in my future, I haven't finished planting all the flowers and seeds I've bought, the now mostly empty playroom/formal living room is still waiting for it's new assignment, there are 40 bags of mulch waiting to be distributed, the dogs need a bath, the girls need a bath....wow, I'm tired just thinking about all that. Aren't you?

The girls have been asking since January (not kidding) when the pool is going to open. Well, it's open. And I'm sure it's cold. But we are heading there today. We may come home blue. I'm not getting in unless they are drowning and I can't reach them with that net/pole thingy. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Irony indeed!

I love summer because I'm such a homebody and I actually get to stay home. For the last 5 years, I've lived my life in 3-hour increments...

Next fall, my youngest will start first grade, and it will be the first time in 11 years....ELEVEN years...that I haven't had someone at home with me all day. I don't know whether to rejoice or cry.