Wednesday, May 14, 2008

So I went out with the girls from my tennis team last night and we ended up having a blast. I think that's the first time I have done anything like that since we moved here. We ended up going to the Melting Pot and I was excited because I had never been there before. Our group was early except for one person who we decided we wouldn't wait for. They ended up seating us in the bar. Not what I was expecting, but OK. We had been in the bar waiting for our table. Hmmm. Not only that, but the bartender had never gotten around to getting a drink for me and I was one of 4 people at the bar. OK. So they ended up seating us and then no one came to take our drink order. So one of us went and complained and finally the drinks were brought...except from the bar. Then we waited. Finally we flagged down the manager and complained. He took over the table for us. He did a pretty good job of waiting on us from that point on, although, when salads came, he didn't leave mine and actually took it back to the kitchen. I saw him walking away with it and once he came back I had to ask for it. So, the conversation was fun and it was nice to be out. The service sucked. I don't say that very often, especially since I worked in restaurants for so many years. But he comped our drinks which was very nice.




Next time we go out I think we'll choose something a little cheaper, but it was so much fun to be out with the girls.




Which leads me to the next part. Blair is out of town, so my babysitter was here with the girls. Rachel was still awake when I got home, but she actually fell asleep while the babysitter and I were talking. Babysitter leaves and I have to haul all three kids upstairs to their beds. I start with Rachel. Into her bed. Next is Riley. Into her bed. Last is Rena. Into her bed. This is a rarity that all three girls are in their respective beds and I get my bed to myself. It's late, I'm tired and I might have had just a little too much wine.




Then at about 5:30, Rena shows up and tells me she's had an accident (wet the bed). "Ok, go in the bathroom and take your clothes off and I'll get you new clothes." As I'm going to get clothes for her I check on the other 2. Riley is in my bed....of course. I peek in the girls bedroom. No Rachel. So I go into the room and look. No Rachel. Where is she? My heart picks up an extra few beats. So I think, maybe she came and got in my bed too and I just didn't hear her. It could happen. Back to my bed. No Rachel. Down to the playroom. No Rachel. Back to her room. Shake out all the covers. No Rachel. I'm actually starting to panic a little. Back to my room. Shake out the covers. All the lights are on at this point. Where could she be? Who do I call? I'm planning on checking downstairs since she was the first one I took up, she might have followed me back downstair and gotten in the bed down there with her sisters and in the dark I wouldn't have noticed. Then I'll check the window and the door. Parents who's children have dissappeared from their bedrooms at night flash through my mind. Poor Rena is standing in the bathroom, naked. I'm starting to breath a little rapid. Finally in my last moment of clarity, I decided to look one last place.


2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I am so glad this story had a happy ending...I was starting to take short, shallow breaths too!

Your night out sounded like fun, despite the crappy service. And hey, free drinks are always a good thing! Glad you could get away...especially since your husband is gone. I've done that before and it is worth every penny you pay to your dear babyistter!

Cynthia said...

It's good to get out...I would have been exhausted with all the bed hopping;)