Saturday, May 31, 2008

Where's mommy


So, I was talking to my Dad on the phone the other day and the girls were watching SpongeBob. I wanted to talk to him about something that I really didn't want to girls to hear - nothing horrible, just not for little ears -so I walked out onto the front porch and continued my conversation. After a couple of minutes, I heard the girls call me, so I finished up my conversation and walked back inside. No girls. Where did they go? I called them. No answer. I checked the garage (which was open). No girls. I went back inside, thinking they might be hiding from me. Called them with that serious, 'you'd better answer me NOW!' voice. No answer. I looked out back. No girls. Checked Grandmom's room. No girls. Now where could they be? From the time they called me until I came back inside wasn't even a minute. Hmmm. What would they do? They'd go looking for me. So, back out the garage to start the search and here they come out of my next door neighbor's house.

Evidently, they called me once and headed straight to Ms. Ruth's house. The told them they couldn't find me! Luckily, Ms. Ruth's mother knows me better than that, and she was pretty sure I was home. The therapist they had there doesn't know me and she was alarmed! I was actually amused that they had left as a team to find me and they had the sense enough to go find an adult. What it really was, though, was an excuse to go see their favorite neighbor, Ms. Ruth!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I am sooo not judging you gals:) I think it's great you can get out and do something you enjoy...

Cynthia said...

Oh, and yay Miss Ruth!