Tuesday, March 03, 2009

March!

Where did that come from?!? February seemed to be over in a flash. A slow, monotonous flash. We have been inside wayyyyy to long and I can't wait for Spring to really get here so that we can go outside and play! It has been a cold, warm, wet, dry winter! Make up your mind already. One day, I had the girls play in the closet...we were under a tornado warning and we've had some serious wind around these parts. One storm moved through at 45mph. Then one came through at 75mph. That is a seriously fast moving storm. Luckily, we managed to make it through with no damage.

Other than that, it's just been the same old, same old.

I did get Rena registered for Kindergarten. I have seriously mixed emotions about the whole thing. I'm excited for her that she's getting ready to start this journey. I'm sad for me that my oldest is starting school. Real school... that will dictate our lives and schedules for the next 13 years. I don't know much about public school and what I do know I don't necessarily agree with. I think schools are too big and classes are too big, and teachers' don't have enough power over how children behave. I worry that someone will tarnish the world my sweet innocent child lives in. And she is. Sweet and innocent. There's always one kid that is wize beyond their years that spoils it for the group. And I wonder why that child's parent's didn't help them hold on to their innocence for just a little while longer. Once it's gone, it's gone. So I worry. And mourn. And I'll miss her. Im not ready to be away from her for that long.

However, she's ready. And I'm sure she's going to love it. She thrives on the whole social scene. She's smart, and articulate and happy. So, come August, I will have to let her go just a little bit more.

The battles with Riley have subsided just a little. She still insists on being pretty all the time. Did I tell ya'll she sleeps in a headband - everynight! Gosh, she cracks me up.

Rachel continues to march to the beat of her own drum. Such a cool kid. She's been so sweet singing the theme song to Sleeping Beauty. She's watched it a million time.

I've been sick. A stubborn head cold that finally put me in bed for a day and a half. Not an easy task to accomplish. I finally called Blair to see if he could come home early Friday. He made it here about 11:30 and I spent the rest of the day in bed. Which put me seriously behind.

Today I've been playing a little bit of catch up. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a steam cleaner...an executive decision I made after our geriatric dog, with an incontinent bladder and a pendulus penis walked down the step, through the entry, through the living room and through the kitchen. There was no way to clean that up! I'm so happy I got it, though. But I'm completely disgusted by how much dirt was on my floors. I think this things going to get a work out in this house. I did the living room last week, Blair did the dining room, I did the affected stairs, the hallway and my bedroom today. Much better!

Well, that's it for now. I'm rambling anyway. Have a good day!

3 comments:

Aliceson said...

I love a clean floor!!! Very satifying especially after a dog pee disaster. Not that I know anything about that...

LauraC said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I know exactly what you mean about kids losing their innocence. I worry a lot about what will happen when my boys go to real school in a couple of years. I'd love for them to be sweeties forever.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

So are you ready for kindergarten? It's a big step! But an exciting one.