Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hello, Hey!

For awhile there, whenever Riley answered the phone before I could get to it, she would say, very enthusiastically, "Hello, hey!" It cracked us up. Then I started thinking about what part of the conversation she heard that went something like this: Me, "hello". Other end, "blah, blah, blah." Me again,"hey". And then on to the rest of the conversation. Smarty girl.

The girls have a play kitchen that has a "cordless" phone. I think this is THE only toy ever to get put back where it belongs. Quite often I am forced to carry on imaginary conversations on this little wooden phone. Today, I got to talk to Cinderella. Riley's favorite. I'm glad I finally got to talk to her. I've been watching her life for months now. Really, I think she should have put the mouse under the teacup on purpose. Those step sisters are a nasty bunch. I'm sure, if she put her mind to it, she could think up all kinds of evil things to get back at the whole lot. Well, being Princess of the Kingdom should be punishment enough. I'd have them be scullery maids for the rest of their lives. Of course, that's just me.

Riley enjoyed talking to Cinderella too.r

No comments: