Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Whirlwind Trip

If I get to leave this lovely state of Georgia, there are always a million other places I'd like to be and people I'd like to see. We need to go to Maryland to a friend's baby's Christening. Of course we drove...separately. Blair had to work and it didn't work out that we could meet anywhere and leave a car. So, I packed up all three girls (of course. What, was I only going to take 2...or 1) and the dog and headed north.

First stop, Raleigh. I love being home. I know where I am. I know where things are. Even though it's changed alot in the last 2 years, I still recognize (most of) it. I went by the school where I used to teach. God, I miss being there. I got to hang out with the kindergarten teachers and it was like old times. The girls loved playing on the playground with the other children and I enjoyed the brief time that I got to spend with my friends. I got to see one of my Aunts and got my hair cut by my favorite hairdresser of all times. My time was way too short with everyone.



My Aunt holding Riley while she sleeps.


Raleigh Nana with Riley at school.

Rachel, Daddy and Riley.





Next stop, Grandma and Grandpops. This was the longest I stayed anywhere. We got to be here 2 nights and Blair met us the second night. Rena loves her Grandmom! Everyone had a great time and once again, we just didn't have enough time.





On to Maryland. Our friends have a new house and I hadn't gotten to see their new baby. What a cutie this little girl is! They also have a son that is a doll too. They had gotten us a puppy for Christmas, so we 'took possesion' of her while we were there. Ironically, we missed the actual Christening that we had driven all the way from Georgia for. No, I don't know how we missed it. I wasn't in charge. (If I had been, we would have just been late, not absent.)





Back in the car. Next stop: Raleigh, again. It's a good stopping point. I got to meet another friend and her daughter for lunch. After lunch, Blair took the girls and headed south and I got to do a little shopping, all by myself! Then I headed south too.





It was almost good to be home. It was nice that we didn't have to work out of a bag and the girls had their toys to play with. Back to the daily grind.





We'll probably make this trip again this summer. It will be longer. In the mean time, we'll hang out here.

No comments: