Friday, January 02, 2015

Bumps in the night

January 2, 2015

I've done NOTHING today.  Well, I've talked about moving.  To a couple of people.  And I dreamed about houses.  And in the middle of the night, when I couldn't go back to sleep, I tried to work out all the logistics of the move.  It's all consuming.  And I think maybe a little exhausting.  I have found the perfect house. 

It's here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2026283,-76.8763742,3a,75y,180h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s0K1pCt_wA200x0Vm8vJOfA!2e0 

But it's not for sale.  And I have no idea what the inside looks like.  Or what the price might be.  But THAT is the house.

Aside from that, again I have tried to narrow the field for an area to live.  But instead, I just get led in new directions.  Oh, Kent Island?!  I hadn't thought of that!  It's kind of like playing Whack-A-Mole!

So what keeps me up at night?  A laundry list of things.  Mostly schools.  Are they good, but not too much pressure.  Will they be big enough?  small enough? Will I get to know the teachers there like I've gotten to know the teachers here?  What kind of extracurricular activities do they have.  Will the girls be interested in that kind of thing.  What will I do with the cats?  The dog?  The girls!  Do they have a gifted program?  Do I want my girls in the gifted program.  Do they offer reciprocity for teaching certificates?  Do I want to go back to teaching?  And there goes the next tangent. 

Tomorrow.  I will try again tomorrow.


No comments: