Monday, January 05, 2015

Well I've managed to get all of my Christmas decorations packed and ready for the move.  At least I hope that's all of them.  Good googly moogly, I have a lot of boxes just for that one season.  And for the moment, I'm storing them in my dining room.  Hubby and I aren't exactly on the same page when it comes to the logistics of it all.  But for my own peace of mind, I need to start getting things packed.  Compartmentalized.  Don't think I don't know what I'm doing.  Next on the 'hit list' is my professional file.  I was teaching before everything went virtual, so I have lots of books and stuff.  And since my girls are just about to outgrow any material I might be able to use to supplement their learning, it's time for it to get boxed up.  And some of it, shockingly, is going to get tossed.  Tossed, I tell ya.  Will I ever use it to teach again?  Time will tell I suppose.  But for right now, I'm not willing to toss hundreds of dollars worth of resources.

My brother keeps pressuring me to rent a big dumpster and hide it from the HOA in my backyard.  He assures me it would be therapeutic.  He's not wrong.  But it's not gonna happen.  I'll keep systematically and methodically plowing through all my crap.  Trash comes once a week.  And for me, for right now, that's plenty.

Other than that, the only 'moving' event that has been on my mind today are the minor home repairs.  Those little things you let go while you are living in a place, but now that we are going to be selling, those things need to be addressed.  I think my one take away from this is that you need to make those repairs to the home you are living in.  Now I'll be paying for something for someone else to enjoy.  Same goes with furniture and decorations.  We've been in this house 9 years and we've never bought furniture or decorations.  It's never been 'finished'.  There are many reasons for that...3 small kids, big dogs, cats, no money, always something else to spend it on, a fear of decoration commitment on my part.  But now I think it's time.  And it's one of the things I'm looking forward to when we move.  I WILL be furnishing our next house.  I might have to hire help, but by God, I'm going to do it.  It is well past time!

That's it.  School starts back for the girls tomorrow, so once again I might have the opportunities to hear the voices in my own head.  I'm sure they will be discussing 'the move'.

No comments: