Monday, January 19, 2015

The Great Clothes Migration

The Great Clothes Migration took place today.  I say that like it's one main event.  It's not.  It's a torturous, and never ending slow trickle that sometimes springs a leak.  How does this relate to the move?  Well, normally when my twins outgrow something, it gets put into the 'consign' pile...wherever that may be.  Consignment sales come around twice a year...Spring and Fall.  And I've been doing them since the girls were little.  And if things don't sell one year, they get put into the pile and I try again. Until I get tired of looking at the same outgrown clothes over and over.  But there is always a pile of outgrown clothes somewhere in my house.  But this year, it's all got to go.  And I mean all of it!  So, once I do the Spring sale, anything Spring that we outgrow is G-O- N-E.  I swear.  It's really going to happen.  And all of the Fall stuff...it's going too, because I'm not taking it with me.  And it really is cathartic to get rid of all of that stuff.  HOWEVER, there are about 5 huge tubs of clothes that Rena has outgrown, but the twins haven't grown into.  Those are coming with us.  Sheesh.  It's never ending.  Oh, and I didn't even mention the entire drawer full of dance wear and gymnastics wear....and swimsuits!  I feel like I'm drowning in clothes.  But, for the first time, it really does all have to go.  That is one of the upsides of moving...clearing out all of the clutter without guilt.  It might even get this pack-rat girl to change her ways.....nahhh.

No comments: