Monday, November 19, 2007

The Great Communicator

I've known for a long time that my husband is not the greatest message taker. Greatest salesman? Yes. Greatest Dad? Yes. Greatest "Hey, your wife's not home? Tell her...". No.

Super no.

Ok, here's the deal. I'd been out the other day and when I got home there was a delicious looking apple crisp on the counter. And here's the conversation that followed:

Me: "Wow! Where'd this come from?"

Blair: "Michele brought it over."

Me: "She did? That was nice."

Blair: "She said it's for the plants.

Me: "What plants?"

Blair: "I don't know. She said, something, something, plants, something."

Well, I was stumped. I didn't remember giving her any plants, or recommending any plants. Could it have been a planter? I did just have a yard sale and got rid of lots of stuff. She had come over that morning, but I didn't remember giving her anything. Plants, plants, plants. I pondered this for days trying to figure out what plants I had given her. So finally I sent her an email. Here it is.

Hey Michele,

I want to thank you for the apple dish you brought over. It was yummy! We'll bring the dish back soon.

Blair was a little unclear on why you brought it. Our conversation went like this: (OK, you've seen this part already.)

Me: "Wow! Where'd this come from?"

Blair: "Michele brought it over."

Me: "She did? That was nice."

Blair: "She said it's for the plants.

Me: "What plants?"

Blair: "I don't know. She said, something, something, plants, something."

So, thanks again. Hope you enjoyed the...plants?

Leigh

And finally, someone who had the whole story and could make sense of the whole plant mystery. Here's her response:

You are certainly welcome…..and thank you for the laugh!

I told him that it was my 2nd installment on the flour loan…and then I specified that you loaned me a “bag” of flour so that he didn’t think I meant flower!

So he was kinda on the right track!


Ah, yes, the flour. I DO remember loaning her a bag of flour! Now it all make sense. Yippie!

Well, this was good for a laugh...but seriously guys, is it that hard to listen?

No comments: