Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween!





I love Halloween. I don't know why. It does give me a chance to stretch my creative side just a little bit. It really doesn't get enough attention!


This year, Riley was a lady bug, Rachel was a bumblebee and Rena was a princess. They were so cute I could hardly stand it!


We did get some milage out of the costumes. Our neighbor has hippotherapy at a local stable and they had a fall fundraiser we got to wear them too.


Anyway, this year Rena gets the idea of Trick or Treating. She got to see lots of her neighborhood friends along the way. Of course, everyday it Halloween around here. No matter who she goes to visit, they give her candy! Now, Rachel and Riley aren't quite old enough to get the concept. In fact, Rachel's first 3 stops were at our house! Whenever anyone else came, she took a piece of candy too! Once we finally got underway, Rachel and Riley didn't see the point of going to the next house. The first house had all the candy they needed. Blair and I finally started moving everyone along and they seemed to get the idea a little better. By the end of the night, Riley was riding in the wagon, happily consuming all the candy she had gather.


This was the first time ever that we weren't home for Halloween. I just put a big bowl of candy on the front porch and left it to the honor system. I have to say, I missed out on some of the Halloween fun. Even though I saw all of those kids as we passed them, I missed handing out the candy. Next year, Blair and I will have to take turns. Plus, it's not as fun to Trick or Treat at someone's house when they aren't there.


Well, here are some of the highlights of the evening. Sadly, I didn't get any great pictures.

No comments: