Saturday, November 10, 2007

No Singa Dat!

Today has been a really long day. Not bad, just long. I woke up at 2:00am. Yep, that's right. I don't know why, I think it's perimenopause. I know, way too much info, although, that might explain alot. Anyway, Rena got up at 3:30. I don't know what her excuse is except God knows I can't be up without one of the kids being up! I got out of bed at 4:30 and showered and got ready for the day. I had a yard sale today and I needed to get things ready. Rena helped. We were really busy all day and had lots of people come by. The neighborhood kids were out in full force and my girls were busy busy busy. Rachel crashed about 11:30, but Rena and Riley were like the energizer bunnies. I finally started to crash about 3:00 and got Blair to hold down the fort...er, yardsale. I took Riley upstairs with me and we settled into bed with a book about Cinderella. She wanted to stay in bed, but she was still a little wound up. I wasn't. So I decided to sing our night time song to her.

Now, she and Rena both have told me "No singa Dat Song" when they have been really tired but didn't want to go to sleep. So today, against Riley's feeble protest, I continued to sing. It was like watching someone get hypnotized. She managed to get out "No singa dat" about 3 times as her eyelids drooped heavily and before I was half way through, she was sound asleep.

Unfortunately, the same could not be said for me. After counting her breaths, replaying the yard sale deals (or robberies, should I say), going to the bathroom twice and watching 57 channels with nothing on, I decided that a nap just wasn't going to happen. Seriously! I've been up since 2! What is the deal. And now it's quarter after 9 and I'm still not really sleepy. Maybe someone needs to sing to me!

Actually, I hear wolves off in the woods behind my house howling. (Really) Maybe they'll sing me to sleep.

No comments: